Wayamba Vocational and Training Institute of
Tourism and Hospitality
As part of the SLTDA Strategic Plan and Vocational and Education Training (VET) Plan of the NWP the Wayamba Hotel School will contribute significantly to Sri Lanka’s VET sector over the coming decade with a special focus to the Hospitality Industry training. It will meet the nation’s demand for the additional skills that will be required to address economic and demographic change and to improve workforce participation and productivity.
To be a leader in North Western Province in the Management and Operation of a quality Hospitality and Tourism training centre.
- Deliver innovative, creative and quality training to aspire students to turn their skills towards Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
- Train and equip students with current hospitality knowledge and skills with strong links to industry.
- Provide quality training that ensures our graduates receive excellent academic and career development opportunities.
- Baker (Bread & Pastry) – NVQ 3, NVQ4
- House Keeping Supervisor – NVQ 3
- Cook – NVQ 3, NVQ 4
- Guest Relations Agent – NVQ 4
- Computer Hardware & Networking Technician – NVQ4
- Hospitality Management Diploma – NVQ 6
- Tour Guide – NVQ 4
- Travel & Tour Operations – NVQ 4
- Tracking & Hiking Guide – NVQ 4
- Food & Beverage – NVQ 3, NVQ 4
- Software Development – NVQ 4
Pastry and Bakery NVQ Level 3/4 -2023 second batch has successfully completed their institutional training on 02nd March 2023. They will be attended to the industrial training for completion of the Course.